3.08.2012

The Quilt - First Attempt


Remember when I started a quilt

Well, it's done.   


When I started it, I had big plans for:
 yellow stools (check)
 green tile (rejected)
 orange rug (replaced).  

This quilt was going to fit right in!  

...

Well, now it's the life of the party at a party where no one is coming.

I'm actually a little embarrassed on how loud it got. 

Too much to drink?

(Not me.  The quilt.)

So, for now, I'm leaving the color side down.  I like gray better anyways.


It's my first try.  Be nice!


P.S. I hate the swirly things that the quilter did.  Next time.  
Oh, and I still can't sew a straight line.

4 comments:

  1. good job lisa! i remember the first quilt i made when we lived in the igloo. it was a bunch of hawaiian prints - i copied the idea from pottery barn. i sort of hate it now becuase it's not my style at all but i can't bring myself to get rid of it either...ah quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jillian, for the encouragement! I totally remember you making that hawaiian quilt, now that you mention it! I was surprised that this hobby was such an investment of time AND money, so I may stick to wood scraps. BTW, Jillianheartsfood, do you have a good recipe for lemon cupcakes? I'm always on the hunt to find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have one at the moment but i'll pass one along if i find a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sure looks impressive! my first (and only) quilt was for a doll bed and I actually never even finished it, so I think you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete