3.01.2012

The Kitchen Drop Ceiling Process

Ok, good news, people.  The drop ceiling is finished!  Let's catch you up.  
Last time we talked about the drop ceiling over the island, it looked like this and I was whining.  

We paid to have the drywall finished.  Some things are best left to the professionals. Tyler painted the ceiling and then got ambitious and repainted a few walls, one of which I ran into, which is a good way to start a fight.  

After painting, Tyler wired up the mini can lights.  

 Once the cans were in place, the bulbs and cover plates were inserted.  (It's actually tedious work.)   

BUT WAIT!  That's not all!  Then we unleashed our secret weapon!  Behold the power of LED rope lighting.  Isn't it fun looking?    

So, you get the idea of where this project is going. 
 I need to take more finished pictures, and then I'll tell you about how this lighting has changed the space and why we did what we did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment