6.01.2011

What Are You Watching?

Occasionally I'll watch home shows on TV.  Usually they are too loud, fast paced, or have obnoxious hosts for my taste.  Recently Hulu has added a great show and my new favorite thing to watch at lunch, Selling New York, which (you guessed it) is all about real estate in NYC.  It's a real treat to watch episodes chalked full of snippets like, "She's not going to be able to find what she's looking for with her 2.5 million dollar budget unless she increases it." or "I would recommend dropping the studio to $795,000 since it needs a complete remodel".  High end clients send their personal decorators to view listings, brokers send in "energy" specialists to property that is not selling, and clients talk casually about a Hampton summer home priced for 10 million dollars.  Did I mention that the COMMISSION alone made on some of these deals IS THE SAME PRICE AS HARTANOV HOUSE?  (Insert NYC tag line:) Only in New York.

Link here while it lasts.  

Though quite a distance (in many ways) from New York, Spokane recently made an appearance on the show Bang For Your Buck, which I cannot watch much of for said reasons above, but I made an exception for local pride.  First let me say it's thrilling that Spokane would even be considered to be featured on ANY show, as it will always be in Seattle's wet and grey shadow.  This episode did a great job of highlighting a variety of homes in different areas of Spokane, though on shows like this where a "winner" must be declared, I was disappointed.  The South Hill couple (you know who you are) should have "won", big time.

Link here while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment