My thought right now is to cover this wall in wood, and maybe run the flooring right up the wall. Luckily a design blog has already done the image research for me. Click here to see some pictures of what this could look like. I actually don't like any of these for our application, but you get the idea.
We also need to find some killer sconces for this wall. Currently my favorite lighting company is Schoolhouse Electric, based out of Portland, OR (another reason to like the company AND Portland). They specialize in period lighting, but have some seriously bare bones industrial lights that I fancy. Ironically I made it to their New York showroom before their Portland one. Here are a few images from my visit.
I am picturing these sconces on the headboard wall. Don't they just seem like something that Edison was tinkering with? I'm calling them "The Prototype".
Then, some sort of gray (duh!) cushion that is attached to the wall also needs to be sewn. I was thinking like 4 oblong ovals stretched vertically in some thick textured wintry fabric that might resemble acoustic panels. I will have to make this. Who has a sewing machine?![]()
Lastly, we are hoping to float the bedside tables on the wall. Tyler, make note. Here's my sketchy sketch.
Project completion date? February 2011. NOT a priority.
9.28.2010
The Master Bedroom Headboard
Okay, this post is not about what is currently happening on site. In fact, it's not even about anything that is a priority, but here is a look at what we are thinking about for the Master Bedroom. We need something to anchor this room and make it feel more "Master of the House, Keeper of the Zoo". One idea that we are tossing around is making the whole wall that the bed goes against act as the headboard. Here's a old picture of this wall. If you remember, this wall is shorter than the others. Those holes are for sconces and outlets, fyi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment