8.06.2010

Design Decisions - The Plumbing Fixtures



















Plumbing fixtures are deceivingly complicated. I started picking fixtures with the idea that I didn't really care about them and that it would be easy and quick to do. This was not the case. It took me 4 months to order. I was unaware of the song-&-dance that goes along with selecting plumbing fixtures from an actual plumbing supplier (and how they can't tell you pricing on anything and so you just pick out $800 faucets and then your plumber sends you the pricing sheet and you think, "hmmm, if I had known it was that much, I wouldn't have selected it." Then you go back and try again, this time asking the sales gal to direct you to the lower priced options. Then you read reviews of the products you think you like on Terry Love and Consumer Reports, and change your mind and start over.)

Decisions have been made. We are moving forward. Overall, we went for contemporary styling, with a combination of linear chunky sinks counterbalanced by sleek round faucets. We decided to go with one line for all of our faucets, and one line for all our our sinks. The bathrooms will vary based on the models, but feel very similar. Water saving features were also prioritized with dual-flush toilets and low-flow faucets. I'm still designing two of the three bathrooms (tile selection, cabinetry layout), but once I'm done, I'll show you where we are going with all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment