Cedar siding started earlier this week. Morgan Hartanov, Ty's brother, helped us out. Check out that clean window detailing!
On Thursday our metal siding arrived in a roll, on a truck. I became fixated with this machine and HAD to take video. You'll see what I mean:
On the spot we had to decide if we wanted the paneling to be smooth, like the design intent, or striated (think: wavy). 90% of the time the panels are printed with the striation because it helps against warping. Here's our test panel. Blah.
Did I even need to tell this guy that our house falls into that odd 10% group? This is one of those classic architect aesthetics verses contractor functionality debacles. After some heavy breathing techniques, we decided to go with flat panels. I know if we played it safe and did striated, we would never love it. We'll just have to see how the warping goes.
In a few hours all of our metal siding was printed and cut to size. Panels immediately started going up.
We are just loving how clean the lines are. Color looks great too!
Ty is tediously putting up each panel with the help of this handy lift. You are seeing the progress of one day, folks.
More siding to come!
Big Mo - Way to look bad-ass.
ReplyDeleteLisa the color is looking AMAZING!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsay. Wait until you see the cabinets that are currently being installed!
ReplyDelete