9.14.2011

Paranoia, Prowlers, & Some Irony

About a year ago, a few idiots broke into our house when it was not yet occupied. They came in through a window and then proceeded to try to escape through the front door that was, at the time, locked on both sides. They attempted to chisel through the door to take off the lock in order to get out (must have been part of a gifted program as children, I tell you). Evidently they gave up, as they had in life in general since becoming thieves, and went back out the window. As a result, the inside of our front door has looked like this since we moved in.  (We have since added a lock, mind you.)
Nothing says "Welcome Home!" quite like a busted door.

It has been a daily reminder that the world is jaded, bad things happen, and some people are idiots. It has also made some of us (me) more skeptical of people who drive by our house slowly (which happens all the time) and people who stand in our driveway to look at our house (which also surprisingly happens all the time).  Most likely they are taking in the structure, which should be a compliment to our work, but instead I end up sizing up their likelihood to return at an inopportune time when we are gone to rob us blind or cause damage.  I know, I sound paranoid.  Two break-ins will do that.

We are currently getting our doors ready to be painted and therefore the "JERKS(!)" damage must be patched.

Perhaps this will also patch up my paranoia?  Possibly.

Update: Since writing this post on Tuesday morning, my car was the victim of "Vehicle Prowling" in our driveway and as a result I will not be patching up my paranoia.  xo Lisa

1 comment: