So we need to get our rug on. It's a little, how you say, cold feeling in our house since we don't have an inch of carpet or much of anything that isn't metal, wood, or glass in the house, yet. So I did a little searching and found the PERFECT rug. It's only $13K, as in when K's mean THOUSANDS. Okay, just joking. It can't be the perfect rug if it's immorally expensive. (So pretty though!)
So until we can find an affordable hand dyed and knotted silk love rug, we are looking at a very affordable and practical option. (sigh)
FLOR products makes carpet squares in a variety of colors and textures that you can mix and match to form your own personal rug - a giant personal rug, in fact, for around $400 bucks, which I think is a decent price for a rug the size of your living room. Here's some examples of their craziness if you haven't seen it before.
Instead of the pixelated-sugar-rush look, we're leaning towards one solid color, like this.
Since it's not an (air quotes) architectural feature or showpiece, we don't want the rug to be too distracting, but just look good at being a solid colored rug. Maybe orange, or (HOT!) purple, maybe dark gray, maybe corrugated, maybe faux mohair. I don't know.
So I'm going to order some samples for the living room space and see what happens. Have opinions? I want to know! Check out their website and then peek at our living room set-up, which is where I'm sitting right now (sweatpants not in photo).
(Images from abccarpetandhome.com and flor.com)






We love Flor tiles and are planning to order more as an area rug for our new house. Our new place has concrete floors with radiant heat and we can't use the specific model of Flor tiles we had in our old house. If you're interested, we need to find a home for our barely used version. I'm happy to send a pic if you're interested. The colors we have actually match the palette of your house quite well.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYes, Flor tiles are great! And I always forget about the cheesy "team ride one" moniker. Long story, but has to do with an old google account...
ReplyDelete-Andrei