11.22.2010

What's Happening?

What's going on at Hartanov House? We've been unpacking our belongings, which have been in storage for over a year. It's like Christmas morning. (We own this?) It's also a reminder of the stuff we were trying to forget about. (Hey Honey, here's another box of junk we didn't go through before we packed.) Some of this stuff reminds me of an episode of the show, "Hoarders" where this guy couldn't throw away his dog's hair because he thought that the dog would die if he did. Tyler, your childhood babysitter will not subsequently die if you give away her mug, which you never use. Unpacking is a reminder that we don't want to own too much, and how we are excited to purge. Unfortunately, I hear that blizzard warnings are real garage sale killers.

Here's a few visuals for you.

The island wrap is almost completed. This is more of our favorite marine-grade mahogany. Love this. Can you see bright yellow metal stools here? I can.


Here's a sweeping view of what is behind the island, specifically, a home for my favorite pot.


Finally, a look-see into our prep utensil drawer, because you were curious, weren't you.

(Why yes, I am a bit Type A!)

6 comments:

  1. Why aren't there Sharpie outlines on all the utensils so everyone knows exactly where they belong?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Megan! That's a real Type A solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marais yellow barstools perhaps.....I have fakes becuase I can't afford the real ones

    Jiffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jiffy, are you reading my mind?! Those exact stools are exactly what I have been dreaming about. Aren't they lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. That comment had one too many "exact"s in it. BTW, great taste Jillian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they are lovely!! I have been in love with them for many many years

    J

    ReplyDelete