10.21.2011

The Interior Door Hardware Research

It's awkward to have large holes in the bathroom doors to where people can see you.  To our past guests, "I'm sorry!".  We still need to get door hardware, you know, knobs and levers.  

I've always lived in homes with knobs and never thought twice about it.  Levers are for commercial buildings, right?  Wrong!  I've crossed over.  You can operate a lever with your elbow AND with arthritis.  Knob?  Firm grip and hand required.  Forget it.

We've narrowed it down, and it looks like we're going with the Emtek brand in stainless steel.  Check out their collection here.  Here are the contenders for the interior doors.



Now, it's not supposed to wow you or anything.  But, as far as hardware goes, it's pretty clean.
The circle rosette is expected, the square is not (but I can't decide if it looks like we're trying too hard).

Opinions?


(images from www.hardwarehut.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment