
One of our favorite spots of the trip was Seville, Spain. It marked the beginning and the end of our trip. On day 2 of a 21 day trip, I found these great posters of the famous flamenco festival that Seville hosts each year. I was crazy about these posters - crazy enough to drag them with me in a giant tube in my giant backpack for the next 17 days around Europe. On our last day, when we returned to Seville, Tyler and I went back to the shop and, well, Tyler also bought the same posters. This should not necessarily highlight the unknown future of our relationship so that we have to buy duplicate posters, but should show you just how much we loved these things. So blah blah, "i love you", marriage, blah, blah, "let's build a house", blah, blah six years later we can only find one set of posters. Mine. Not that it matters. We finally pulled them out to look at them again.
...and we fall in love all over again - with each other, with the images, and with Spain. So, quick change of plans. These triplets are going on the wall. With such big and bold colors, they are destined for the living room. What do you think? Tyler is already planning on making some wood frames so they can go up 1-2-3 in a row. Like this.

Queremos volver a Sevilla pronto!
Love it. I really enjoy artwork like this. What I mean by "like this" is artwork with a story. Even if the art doesn't go with the decor or colors in your home (which yours thankfully, do) it's a wonderful reminder of a great time in life. I have some artwork from a gal JJ and I met in Mexico and we proudly display it (it matches absolutely nothing). It's a great memory. We went back to the same spot two years later hoping to see this traveling artist again. Serendipitously, she was in the same spot selling her new stuff which we of course bought. She's not even from the city we were in, she just happened to be there on the very same day we were once again. All of this is to say, I love it and I love the story! It's an ebenezer for your life.
ReplyDeleteGreat thoughts Katie!
ReplyDelete