1.22.2013

The NEW Laundry Room Plan

Folks, the credenza is dunzo! Fact: it's been done for a while.

I've been waiting for a sunny day to take some decent photos, but the sun is like, "This time of year? Yeah right. Go back to eating soup and watching Downton Abbey."

So let's table that for the time being until we get a spot of sun, eh?

Meanwhile.

We made some changes.  I know.  It's that laundry room cabinet. Remember?  We introduced a plan, and then sat on it for 3 months. Since then, Tyler became jazzed to try and build it himself at shop class. Except, he had one demand.

"I need a junk drawer."

Lunatic.

So, we made some light changes. New design as follows.


It's still a boring old laundry cabinet, but reorganized. The bottom cabinet now has two top drawers for everyday office supplies and for the coveted junk drawer. We've also changed the 4 laundry drawers into two, with dividers, which will maximize our space and be much simpler. Because we own stuff, the upper cabinets are now doubled in size. They also match the wall, which I think is more fun, but a little hard to see in my sketchy sketchup. (Squint.)

Sure, this is exciting. A finished laundry room! But, I think laundry rooms ruin the cool factor. I mean, you could walk through a sweet house and think, "Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!!!!!  Wait. Look. They have a washer/dryer. Nevermind. They're just like us."

It's a snap back to reality. Ours is no exception. We're not keeping it mysterious.

But, we're keeping it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment