1.28.2013

Table Lamps

Folks, as I mentioned in the last post, we are looking for a table lamp. We actually don't own a single lamp. For Shame! (We do have an array of dimmers, so keep that in mind.)  So, let's find a special lamp that would look good on top of our new credenza. Here are some favs.

 

Greta Grossman's 1950's Cobra Lamp. Subtle, but smart, probably like she was. This lamp's personality gives off the vibe of being relaxed, but also ready to strike.    


Schoolhouse Electric's Graduate Lamp. It kind of reminds me of a chocolate fountain, so, I'm going to describe its' shape as delicious movement. It seems like the kind of lamp that would look good with all sorts of styles.   



FLOS Tab Lamp. The structure has got that stiff, proud formality, but the shade looks like it's taking a graceful bow. It kind of reminds of Carson, the butler, on Downton Abbey. He's all seriousness and standards, but he also has really bushy eyebrows and a soft spot for his employers. (Now you think I'm nuts.)


Tough choice, right? Which is the one? Click on the images for more details on colors and prices. There are also no deals here. Sorry, folks. If you're only going to own one lamp, it better be amazing, or at least that's how I'm looking at it.

(images linked to sources.)

2 comments:

  1. my vote's for the school house lamp. waking up to a cobra or a butler in the middle of the night could be frightening.

    ReplyDelete