Remember the shelf I designed up last week? Yeah, it was supposed to be simple and easy to make and whimsical. It also had only one drawer. One.
This naturally put a lot of pressure on what was going to go IN the precious drawer. Tyler and I decided to duke it out by counting to three, and then blurting out what we thought should go in the drawer.
It went like this:
"one, twooo, THREE!"
"one, twooo, THREE!"
"jewelry"
"love letters"
"What?!"
"What?!"
(emphasis on disgust/shock)
"Come ON! Love letters?"
"Jewelry? Really?! You don't even own any jewelry!"
(Time has now passed so I can reflect on this clearly...)
Who WAS my husband? Some hopeless romantic who would choose to use the ONLY drawer in our bedroom for our old written keepsakes?
Ridiculous!
What about all the practical stuff that needed a good home in that one drawer? Did he think I was going to fold, just like one of his precious notes? No way, folks, no way.
This then led to a redraft of the shelf design.
In order to bring the peace I added more than a few cute cubbies to put whatever you want in them. Then I shrunk it all down and handed the sketch to Tyler.
You're Welcome!!!

Awww. Love notes.
ReplyDeletehaha! love it!
ReplyDelete