Folks, the quest for an entry rug is still in hot pursuit. Sure, we have a mat, but it's hardly doing the job.
We are a "shoes off" household (because I'm not going to be vacuuming everyday) and therefore taking one's shoes off is the only action required to abide by this rule. You want to sit down to do this, but you can see from the picture that the mat doesn't reach over to the bench, which means when we come home we're doing this weird tiptoe dance over to the bench all the while spilling sand and gravel on the wood floor, which thus creates more vacuuming for me.
FAIL.
As mentioned, I've been questing for the right thing, but noncommittal. I mean, color and material alone could go so many different ways! I've thought about this, and I've thought about that, but they're just not right. So here's some new thoughts. I don't really want the mat to stand out because it's not a feature, but I'd like it to be a step up from the utilitarian-bland-pants we currently use. So I'm thinking, "how about light grey?" and, "wouldn't it be fun if it had a cutout shape to it?" Ha!
FUN!
Since there aren't too many large mats out there, let alone in a color other than black, it looks like I'm going to be investigating what FLOR modular floor tiles can do for me. I've mentioned them before on the blog because I like their idea, but I have yet to figure out how to utilize their products. So, I've ordered some samples suited for heavy traffic.
TRUE LOVE?
Samples in the mail, y'all.
(images from me and found on pinterest)



No comments:
Post a Comment